Securely manage the lifecycle of incoming, outgoing and internal correspondence documents from creation to final storage.
Throughout our long history mainly with government entities in the region since 1986, we felt the urgent needs of our clients to manage their daily correspondence (which is not limited to only storing and tracking a paper document) being one of the main backbone of these organization.
Accordingly EBLA started in 2001 assessing these needs in details and started the journey of building such an application based on the FileNet platform. Our first version of the CMS came to life in 2001.
Since then we have successfully implemented the system in several major ministries and government organization throughout the GCC region with installation spanning from as small as 50 users to 5000+ users (as the case in MOI Qatar).
Main System Components
The Correspondence Management Solution is built using IBM FileNet best of bread platform unifying all departments in a single standard providing an organization with complete control of their unstructured correspondence in a secured manner.
The correspondence system includes but not limited to:
- Incoming Correspondence: The system is capable of registering the incoming Correspondence through entering the data fields (indexing), scanning documents and auditing the entered data against documents. The system is parameterized in a way that these functions can be done by one user of every function, can be done by one or more users without programming. The system is capable of producing lists according to status of documents such as list of documents not audited, list of documents indexed and not scanned…etc. and the system does not allow to transfer any document to the next stage unless all processes of the first stage are fully completed. Copies of the correspondences, attachments, initial notes and link with previous correspondences are considered as part of the correspondence and should be clear and easy to view for every authorized person during his processing.
- Outgoing Correspondence: can be initiated directly by client or created as a response to incoming Correspondence where linking the outgoing to its incoming correspondence is important and should be done systematically. Different types of templates and versioning control should be used. Auto indexing for outgoing documents can be done by the system depending on the template used or the type of correspondence. The system is also capable of storing electronic signature for the users, and has the capability of printing the outgoing correspondence in its final formal form.
- Internal Memo Correspondence: can be created by the manager or by a user who is authorized to create. It can be created and broadcasted or distributed internally within the same department or section. Internal memo can be sent to a user or a group of users. Different types of templates and versioning control should be used. Auto indexing for internal memo documents can be done by the system depending on the template used or the type of correspondence. The system is also capable of storing electronic signature for the users, and has the capability of printing the internal memo correspondence in its final formal form.
- Routing correspondence: The system allows transferring the correspondence to selected target with a default target depending on the type of correspondence or any parameter selected by the user without programming.
- The targets are user dependent and the system is capable of defining new targets or removing defined targets. Rejected correspondence/document can be routed to its source and can be distinguished in that mail-box from other box contents. The system is capable of routing the Correspondence to alternative processing point depending on time factor or setting parameters by the authorized person. While the correspondence being processed every added notes or action should be recorded with date, time, and user and should be viewed easily by next user.
- In case of many employees having the authority to work on the same mail-box the system can lock the opened (under processing) Correspondence and prevent other user from opening that Correspondence.
- Searching and inquiry: The system can Use system-defined attribute fields to search documents. The system also allows users to review document hierarchies as a search aid. Generally the system provides an easy-to-use search screen with full help facility. In addition to search facility the system can provide ready inquiry lists for the most used inquires with the capability of filtering the results if needed.
- Electronic Signature: The system is capable of storing electronic signature for the authorized users. The system inject the user signature in the predefined word templates for electronics outgoing and internal memo, and has the capability of printing the correspondence document in its final formal form.
- System Administration and security management: all system parameters and codes used by the system are maintainable. Defining and granting authority for users can be the responsibility of the administrator without referring to software application provider. In addition to the help facility provided by the system a full technical manual explaining system codes, parameters, system installation, and all technical procedures needed by system administrator can be provided.
Required IBM Components:
- IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1 or above
- IBM WebSphere Network Deployment 8.5 or above
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Above
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM WebSphere
To learn more about EBLA Solution, call (+965) 22426273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.